About Dr. Judy Pearson
The Habit Maven
Dr. Judy Pearson, The Habit Maven, is a recognized expert in the field of personal change – specifically helping people stop the habits they hate and start the ones they’ll love. She is a Hypnotherapist, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner/Trainer, Life Coach, and Licensed Professional Counselor with over 25 years of experience helping people transform their lives and fulfill their dreams.
Dr. Pearson is the owner of Motivational Strategies, located in Springfield, Virginia, where she provides solution-oriented coaching and counseling for habit control, emotional issues, stress management, health issues, motivation, and performance excellence.
Dr. Judy Pearson’s Qualifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor, licensed in Virginia since 1980.
- Certified NLP Practitioner and Trainer
- Certified in Solution-Oriented Therapies
- Certified in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Executive Director of the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists since 1997
- Advisory Board member to International Hypnosis Research Institute since 2013
- Associate Trainer: American Hypnosis Training Academy, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Distinguished Toastmaster in Toastmasters International, holding leadership positions, speaking at international conferences, and conducting leadership and communicatons training programs.
- Former adjunct Professor to the Masters Program in Counseling: Webster University
- Member of the American Society for Clinical Hypnosis
- Member of the International Association for NLP and book reviewer for Rapport magazine.
Judy is also a sought-after speaker who speaks on these topics:
- How to Stop a Habit You Hate and Start One You’ll Love!
- Put an End to Procrastination!
- Hey, You! Stop That Self-sabotage!
- What every Medical Professional Should Know about Clinical Hypnosis.
- For Hypnotherapists: Making Hypnotherapy Work for Weight Reduction
- For Hypnotherapists: How to Help Clients Stop Bad Habits and Start Good Ones
She is freelance writer with more than 150 articles, reviews, and book chapters under her belt.
Her books are:
- Healthy Habits
- The Weight, Hypnotherapy and You Weight Reduction Program manual
- Why do I Keep Doing This!!?” End Bad Habits, Stress, and Negativity with Self-hypnosis and NLP
- Improve Your Writing with NLP